AEDM day 21: Volksbad in progress

I had to get today’s painting in early. Tonight I’m having a party, and the studio has to be cleaned this afternoon! I was hoping to have a few more paintings finished before today, but it is what it is.

The building in the painting is the Volksbad, the local indoor swimming pool in my neighborhood.

7 Responses to “AEDM day 21: Volksbad in progress”

1. Steve Emery says:

I love the light in this painting, and the sense of the place. I can see why you were drawn to paint this – it’s beautiful – the yellow, the striking white tower against the sky. The proportions, too – the way the building is made to seem more intimate because the tower is not only tall but large all the way around. And those green roofs – copper? I really like this one.

2. Melissa says:

This reminds me of a picture I took in Cape May, NJ. I’m hot for your skys…love that deep electric blue. I used to see it a lot where I lived before. Haven’t seen it since. Now, I have your perfect paintings to remind me.

~Ahhhh~
    Melissa

3. louisa says:

Oh another one that is amazing. You’re so very talented! The light, the colours the composition, the overall emotion… it’s got it all! Beautiful! Hugs, Louisa

4. Carol Cooper says:

Hi Jul :o) First of all I hope you are having a smashing good time at your party tonight!! And the other thing I wanted to share with you is that before I read your descriptive words, I thought WOW this must be a very special castle, amazing lighting & colours Jul, perfect sky!!

5. This is such a beautiful painting – there is such a glow to it. Very lovely.

6. Leah says:

oo, i love the colors in this one!!

Once again, thank you all for your thoughtful comments and encouragement. I am overwhelmed and overjoyed by the kindness of my fellow AEDM participants. :)