Landscapes, little and imaginary

Most of my work is subjective and painted from life, but every once in a while I create images purely from my imagination, such as these two. Usually I have a hard time choosing a direction when painting without reference material. I like to push myself to try it every once in a while. Both pictured paintings are acrylic on canvas, 20 x 20 cm.

I have been coming back to this color palette a lot recently. Somehow it seems particularly appropriate for these unreal landscapes.

Do you work mostly from source images or do you rely exclusively on memory and imagination?

8 Responses to “Landscapes, little and imaginary”

1. Bev says:

I love these pieces! The colours are gorgeous!

2. cyndee says:

i love your colors. i work mostly from imagination. i am so motivated by color and arrangement.

Hi Bev and Cyndee – Thanks so much! I really appreciate you sharing your kind words. Cyndee, I’m hopping over to check out your imaginative works now.

4. Bobbi says:

I love this palette. Red is one of those colors I can just sit and stare at, and mixed with that blue! swoon!

Bobbi – I feel the same way about red. I am instantly drawn to it wherever I see it, and it always makes me happy to look at it. It’s a wonder all of my paintings aren’t red!

6. Thanks for the question, Giu.

Thought constitutes the gears of the imagination, perhaps, and, well, I like it. I do better with art as a grown person than I used to. Perhaps there is less to grapple with, in a hard world, one with bills coming in and the like. When I was younger I liked prose and poems more than art, as you know.

I don’t do art. Thanks for providing us with some.

Fare well…..

Kevino, I think your musings around the internet most definitely count as an art form.

8. Truly a blue Swoon with red, as another says!

Wow.