This week in muse flogging, 14 Aug 2010
In my studio this week:
- Another portrait is close to finished, and two more are in progress.
- I did a lot of experimenting with daily paintings, trying out different color palettes and subjects. I’ll post some of those soon.
Other exciting stuff:
- Got inspired to learn about encaustic. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any upcoming courses in Munich, but I did find that there are enough demo videos out there for me to get the gist on my own. Not going to invest in the gear just yet, but definitely something I want to try in the future.
- Laughing myself silly over the Museum of Bad Art. I’m sure I have produced plenty of worthy candidate paintings over the years…
- Went to see the Arnulf Rainer exhibit at the Alte Pinakothek. In his new work he paints over facsimiles of some of the museum’s masterpieces. I was kind of ambivalent about the results, but it seemed like it would be a fun project to do.
What were your creative accomplishments for the week?