Day 12: I said I was done with leaves, but

Autumn Leaves Painting #4
Autumn leaves on blue, 20 x 20 cm, oil on canvas board, ©2011 Julie Galante. Original painting available from Etsy.

I felt like doing another leaf painting today.

November is Art Every Day Month! I’ll be posting a new small painting here each and every day. After they have had time to dry (a couple weeks), the original paintings will also appear in my Etsy shop.

9 Responses to “Day 12: I said I was done with leaves, but”

1. Marie says:

Fall leaves are so uplifting to the soul even though they are bittersweet in the fact that they signal the coming of winter. This work perfectly captures the fleeting beauty of this season.
    Marie recently posted..In the studio

2. Your blog title made me smile as I’m not sure it’s possible to be done with leaves is it? Especially at this time of year.
    Sarah Anderson recently posted..AEDM day 12 – clay seahorse!

3. Christine says:

Loving the leaves Julie….don’t stop!!! :-)

4. Nigel says:

Superb. I love autumn leaves :)
    Nigel recently posted..AEDM D12

5. Serena says:

You’re on a roll with these gorgeous leaf paintings! Beautiful work!
    Serena recently posted..Day 12 – AEDM & Nablopomo – recycling an old painting

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

@Sarah, you’re right – they’re everywhere these days. I love shuffling through them whenever I leave the house.

7. So glad you aren’t done with leaves because these are really wonderful… those textures are perfect xx
    Tracey Fletcher King recently posted..A Sunday Ode

8. tammy vitale says:

Came over to visit and was all set to comment on your latest AEDM and the leaves caught my eye and I HAD to come see. They are wonderful – the breush strokes are amazing, and the colors awesome! We’re having wonderful reds this year and I think maybe I should try this out. You have totally inspired me!

Thanks so much, Tracey and Tammy. Tammy, I’d love to see you interpret the red leaves you have!