Day 7: big breakfast

original painting: big breakfast
Frühstück (Breakfast), 18 x 24 cm, oil on hardboard, ©2011 Julie Galante. [SOLD]

This painting was inspired by the big, beautiful breakfasts served at a restaurant in my neighborhood in Munich. This frame only captures a part of one breakfast: a croissant, an egg, cheese, jams in small glasses, yoghurt, grapes, tomatoes, and two pats of butter perched on a bed of arugula. It’s almost too beautiful to eat.

November is Art Every Day Month! I’ll be posting a new small painting here each and every day. After they have had time to dry (a couple weeks), the original paintings will also appear in my Etsy shop.

11 Responses to “Day 7: big breakfast”

1. Gwen says:

I like this style of art very much and I am now very hungry…I love the way the egg catches the light.
    Gwen xx
    Gwen recently posted..Spring is finished

2. Lia says:

Yum! Where is this??

3. Carol Samsel says:

Love it! Look like a wonderful meal and you have captured it very well.
    Carol Samsel recently posted..Art Everyday Month—Day 7

4. Carolyn Dube says:

What a beautiful composition! It looks so good I want to stop by that restaurant!
    Carolyn Dube recently posted..Raindrops with Technical Difficulties

5. Serena says:

I haven ‘t had breakfast yet and I could sure go one like in your painting. Alas, a bowl of cornflakes or some toast will have to do. :(

Lovely work!

Happy AEDM,
    Serena
    Serena recently posted..Day 7 – AEDM & Nablopomo – art journal page & inspiration

6. Julie says:

wow this is beautiful!
    Julie recently posted..Art Every Day Month, Day 7

7. Bobbi says:

Yum! Now I’m hungry:)
    Bobbi recently posted..AEDM 7 – Making Friends with Crows

8. leah says:

What a delicious looking breakfast!
    leah recently posted..Day 7: Rain Day Silhouette

9. The egg is especially great…. Julie you are really painting sooo well and consistently… have no idea how you are doing it!!! looking forward to tomorrow’s work xx
    Tracey Fletcher King recently posted..Productive but pooped

Thanks so much for all your kind comments and encouragement! I am having a lot of fun exploring new subjects this Art Every Day Month.

@Lia – Wirtshaus in der Au. I think they only do breakfast on weekends. We’ll have to go sometime!