Day 16: Christmas clementines and cranberries

Christmas painting clementines and cranberries
Clementines and cranberries, 15 x 15 cm, oil on canvas, ©2011 Julie Galante. Original painting available on Etsy.

A still life containing pine branches is automatically going to have a Christmas theme, isn’t it? This one started out as just clementines and branches, but as I was painting I decided it needed a small splash of red. Oh-so-conveniently, I had some fresh cranberries in the fridge. They made the perfect addition to the scene.

If you’ll be in Munich on December 4th, I hope you’ll stop by my Open Studio.

November is Art Every Day Month. I’ll be posting a new small painting here each and every day. After they have had time to dry (a couple weeks), the original paintings will also appear in my Etsy shop. Paintings from the beginning of the month (including the first leaf painting) are already there!

6 Responses to “Day 16: Christmas clementines and cranberries”

1. FranT says:

I am in love with how you paint. These clementines are gorgeous!! Not the way I would typically describe fruit but how else can I say it? Very very nice!!!
    FranT recently posted..AEDM Day 15 – Tiny Buddha

2. Ann says:

Very festive! Can’t believe Christmas is just around the corner!

@FranT – Thank you so much! I’m so happy to have made fruit gorgeous.

@Ann – The tree went up in Munich’s main square this week, so we must be getting close…

4. Lia says:

Ooo, you’re getting me in the Christmas spirit for sure!
    Lia recently posted..Day 16 "Art Every Day Month" – Painting with Light

5. Serena says:

Wonderful! And yes, it definitely has a Christmas feel to it. :)
    Serena recently posted..Day 16 – AEDM & Nablopomo – mandala, sketch & magpies

6. linda says:

The red definitely puts this into the holiday feel – lovely! I can smell the chestnuts and Christmas air already :)
    linda recently posted..Finished Reading The Happiness Project